The preference for video cameras is reinforced because the old versions do not vanish when the manufacturers release new ones. However, indeed, a camera from a couple of years ago is still an outstanding kit. In many instances, it can be an excellent value for money, particularly for the casual user. We’ve rounded up our top selected 13 best video cameras under 200 with high-quality to suit your needs for taking photos or recording videos.
Best Video Cameras Under 200 Comparison 2021
best video cameras under 200 for YouTube
best video cameras under 200 for compact
best video cameras under 200 for outdoors
best video cameras under 200 for zoom range
best video cameras under 200 for all-out action
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the best video cameras under 200, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Capture photos, videos and time lapse videos, at full resolution. Tweak all the available camera and video recorder parameters, through an easy to use interface.
- Video mode supports pause and resume while recording. Get a better angle for your shot and continue recording to create great videos.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- ♥24MP & 1080P FHD CAMCORDER - This digital video camera for YouTube supports shooting of Full HD 1080p(30FPS) video and 24MP photo. Besides, it supports 3.0 inch IPS screen, 16X digital zoom and remote control. All these configurations provide smooth shooting experience and wonderful effect. This YouTube camcorder is so sturdy and lightweight that you can take it around. In a word, it would be a perfect gift for your parents and kids.
- ♥IR NIGHT VISION & SUPPORT EXTERNAL MICROPHONE - Night vision camcorder can shoot high definition image and videos in low light condition and even in the darkness, additionally the video shoot camera is compatible with external fill light to complement the light source. It also supports the external microphone with 3.5mm jack for clear audio recording and expandable storage with an SD card up to 128GB. (Microphone, SD card and fill LED light are not included in the package.)
- 【8CH 5MP Lite 5-in-1 DVR/8pcs 1080P HD Weatherproof Cameras】Enjoy 1080P crystal clear image day or night with the camera's automatic IR-cut filter; night vision covers up to 30m/100ft. With IP66 weatherproof housing, cameras can be used indoors and outdoors.
- 【H.265+ Video Compression】As the most efficient and cutting-edge compression technology, H.265+ considerably improves compression efficiency, without sacrificing video quality. It allows you to maximize storage space and enjoy ultra-long recording, 7x longer than H.264.
- Pan/Tilt 360° View, 12X Zooming: HeimVision PTZ camera equipped with 355° pan, 90° tilt enables you to monitor 360° view on APP, no blind spots. The adavanced digital + optical zooming technology makes the image still clear even with 12X zooming, which allows the surveillance video footages with more visible details that may be important for later investigation.
- 2*2MP Ultra HD & Color Night Vision: HeimVision Protect D1 camera adopts 2pcs upgraded lenses, you’ll get 2*2MP (twice clear as 1080P) ultra HD video to monitor your property . The outdoor camera is with 2 bright built-in floodlights ensure true color night vision even at pitch dark night. This smart camera will auto-switch to night vision mode when it darks out, night vision range up to 98ft.
- 【Solar Powered and 100% Wireless Security Camera】SPADE solar security camera with built-in 10500mAh rechargeable batteries and charged by a solar panel to provide non-stop power. That means your security is never compromised in bad weather, or by a power outage, or by a wire failure.
- 【FHD 1080P and IR Night Vision】This outdoor wireless security camera is designed to provide a 1080p full HD video and detailed night vision with a viewing angle of 170 °, which provides true color throughout day and night. The IP camera will auto-switch to night vision mode when it darks out. Visible range up to 65ft.
- 24/7 Full HD Recording - F/2.0 aperture, 112 wide-angle lens, 1080p/15fps to capture moments with clear picture. Features two-way audio to allow you to receive and transmit audio from any location with a WiFi connection. Enhanced Night Vision - 8 individual 940nm infrared LED's, which automatically turns on infrared (IR) in low light conditions, allowing you to see clearly in the dark. (power source required)
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noonlight’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- 100% Wire-Free and Solar Powered: Argus PT runs on 2.4 GHz WiFi and stays fully-charged with Reolink Solar Panel which realize 100% wire-free security. With 6500mAh High-capacity battery, long-lasting power per charge and no worry about weather.
- Tilt & Pan and Stunning Night Vision: Argus PT can turn its head 355° horizontally and 140° vertically, which shows you everything in 1080p HD. With starlight CMOS image sensor, you can see clearer night vision up to 33ft and colorful images even at poor light.
- 【Clearer Picture】 Capture crystal clear images and videos anytime with the 2021 upgraded 3MP (2048 x 1536) HD outdoor cameras and 65ft infrared night vision. Four pcs security camera outdoor also comes with alarm-powered floodlights for better home security and full-color night video footages. This IP66 waterproof wireless security camera system is suitable for homes, offices, shops, hotels, schools, villas, etc.
- 【AI Human Detection】 Reduces false alarms -- Compared with the traditional motion detection alert, K4W10 wifi camera adopt more advanced AI human detection technology in 2021. Advanced AI technology for home security camera system distinguishes humans from animals or objects within the monitoring range reducing false alarms. When an intruder enters the monitoring range, the screen will display the human framed, and an LED alarm will be triggered.
- 【Rechargeable, Long Life Battery】: This wireless rechargeable camera comes with an rechargeable battery that will provide 1 to 6 months of worry free use before a recharge is required. The wireless security camera outdoor will give your home peace of mind with continuous 24 hour per day protection. (NOTE: Reset Camera: press the power button for twice, APP: AdorCam, Important Tip: FULLY CHARGE the battery before using it for the first time).
- 【1080P HD Picture Quality & Clear Night Vision】: The wireless outdoor security camera provides 130 degree wide angle, 1080P quality video and image. It will automatically adjusts to the ambient light level and when necessary, will auto-switch to night vision mode with a 64ft visible range. Whether it is night or day, it will provide a clear wide video of any area you wish to monitor. With the included AdorCam mobile app, the system’s live or recorded video can be accessed anywhere at any time.
Top Best Video Cameras Under 200 Reviews 2021
This camera is a simplistic design that looks much like a phone device, but it is not unlike the one that JVC has always been an inexpensive camera maker since it introduced the JVC Picsio GC-FM1A.
There's still a lot of technology built-in in this video camera. If you want to capture pictures, HD 1440 x 1080p recordings come with a 2-inch LED monitor and an 8-megapixel camera. If you already have a flexible video camera, this is your best choice for the best video cameras under 200.
Some important aspects are absent, though. It's flashless. You have to connect the SD card to the device to access photos and videos to download. The camera ratings are strong and not competitive with the Kodak Zi6, which is much less costly but has a similar style, so you get what you're paying for. Overall, for video cameras under 200, it's still a decent camera.
The Kodak Zi6 provides us with another style and scale suitable for traveling or on-the-go use on a video camera. The elegant and slim architecture of this unit separates it from modern recording systems.
The Zi6 captures high-definition footage at 720p (60 fps with a 16:9 aspect ratio) and is a 'Pocket Camera' - a concept that we have not used too much in recent years. These features make it easy to send videos to your PC for post-production with the built-in USB drive.
It requires cables for linking your HDTV to a better platform for streaming. You can use an extensible SD/SDHC card slot up to 32 GB with the good 2,4-inch color Viewfinder to quickly browse and display the clips on the fly.
The batteries can be recharged (both the battery and the converter in the box), but be careful if you go without an electric plug on long trips. Internet uses have very well tested this camera and are highly valued for best video cameras under 200.
For those looking for vlogged or action camera applicators, the Kodak PIXPRO SP1 is a less established alternative. It can give you a run for your money, however. It has a water-resistant lens. It is also shock-resistant and freezer resistant.
The 1080p videos are taken at a pace of 30fps. The overall picture quality is fine, but it's not the best compared to other cameras.
Just the fact that the Kodak PIXPRO SP1 is heavy does not be what you want. It was built for the harsh climate.
The best video camera under 200 is the Samsung WB350F. Wireless access ensures it is easy to link to smartphones wirelessly. MobileLink wireless feature allows images to be moved from your smartphone or files to one or more devices from your camera. On the other hand, the Remote Viewfinder wireless feature turns your smartphone or tablet on a spectator to move the zoom lens and shutter release.
The 16.3-megapixel CMOS-enlightened sensor needs less light than traditional sensors for accurate exhibition and fast focus. The 21x optical zoom provides 23-483 mm with a working range.
A touch screen for quick menu navigation is included with Samsung WB350F. This compact camera’s smooth curve coupled with a faux-level outer will draw conscious photographers' look, influenced by retro camera designs. If you can shoot a picture and quickly pass it to up to four friends, only a particular photographer is called on simultaneously.
An increasing range of 'action cameras' are still very costly, but it falls below our peak price cap from the well known GoPro company. The rear LCD is the same physical proportions as the Hero8 Black and Hero7 Black for the composition of shots.
It also has voice control, which can be very helpful when the camera is mounted and when you have an exciting experience in your hands. The GoPro Hero7 Silver can be water-resistant to 10m, and if you feel the need to dive deeper and use more helpful GoPro accessories, additional cases are available.
Andoer is not a well-known brand. However, for the sake of the 4K-films capabilities and the WiFi feature that enables users to switch files automatically, we have chosen to include it in our best vlogger cameras under 200 list.
It also features an additional microphone, which promotes your interaction with your press.
Sadly, it has no autofocus. Sadly. And even when you tried it as a webcam, some people had trouble with their driver.
GoPro is a common alternative for vloggers and adventure lovers.
It can be taken to drastic locations once in its protective housing. Furthermore, it also gives users different accessories, whether you like them on a selfie stick or you intend to mount them on the top of your vehicle.
The GoPro Hero 4 is an easy-to-use video camera under 200, which professionals and amateur video makers alike favor.
Although 4K is feasible, 15 fps are not quite the best for the replay. However, with 1440p, 2.7k or with 1080p, you can fire with 60fps.
It can take 12MP images and can make explosive shots at 30fps. It can fire in low light environments, unlike GoPro 3.
This GoPro HERO4 camera can be among the best video cameras under 200 because of its lightweight size, high-quality videos and the potential to survive harsh weather.
The ELPH model from Canon Powershot continues to be very popular - rightly - as the budget alternative. The ELPH 180 is exceptionally compact, light, and easy to transport as a backup or travel camera, mixing a low price with a very generous feature set.
The newest ELPH 180 edition you should find in the range of video cameras under 200. The CANON ELPH 180, which offers a 10x zoom and wireless connectivity a little longer, is a little more pricey – if you can raise your budget.
This PowerShot is a lightweight and slim portable with a broad appeal with various colors with its 20.5MP sensor, sharp picture quality and simple control systems.
In the first place, the Logitech C922x is a webcam, but it's still the most cost-effective on YouTube. The gamers and the other streamers who don't want to leave their desk to record their YouTube videos are the inspirations for this product to be designed to make this product comfortable and lightweight.
A complete HD 1080p recording and many useful features for streamers and vloggers are helpful in this camera. For starters, with the aid of Personify, you can replace the background when filming. The camera has an excellent microphone as well.
This camera is an outstanding choice if you're planning to start shooting on your YouTube channel and mainly take footage of yourself. This model’s autofocus is often intended for close use so that the camera loses its focus due to its proximity and does not trigger too many issues. The C922x can be shot with 720p at the frame rate.
Unfortunately, this camera is not the right choice for rooms with no particular lighting system for light correction. The interface of this camera is also wholly located on your computer.
Sony DSCW800 is a digital compact camera for portraits by beginners. Over 1500 Amazon reviews testify to the success of this inexpensive, portable camera. The overall picture quality is so, but it is difficult to argue about a video camera under 200.
There is no distortion at the larger zoom end (26mm) and decent overall sharpness, up to 130mm. For the volume, most smartphones with 6x the amount are available.
If you are a pixel peeper, you're going to be frustrated, don't get the Sony DSCW800. It's a fantastic point and it's the best video camera under 200 — most of the photographs you take care of Smart Auto mode.
The Nikon Coolpix W150 isn't the most advanced camera that you'd ever see. It's a waterproof choice for those who want a little picture adventure, but it does its job well and is a good pick for a family trip where you might meet little ones who don't handle a camera carefully.
The W150 is scraper enough to take a few shots, but you won't write to anybody about the reasonably mid-range of 3x while it has a zoom lens. The price is reasonable, and the color option is a nice bonus.
This gorgeous tiny camera has been built to vlog and is the highest video quality on this list of all cameras. This camera allows you to capture high-quality videos with 2.7K video resolution without having to end up with huge 4K video files.
Although not all of the footage is this camera, its performance in photography with a large 44-megapixel sensor and a 16x zoom is equally fascinating (but unfortunately only a digital zoom).
You can also use this Anteam camera for webcam use, recharge it via USB portal on your computer and stream on social media. It also has many helpful features such as image stabilization, steady firing and slow movement.
All in all, in terms of portability, video quality and good photography, this camera is a star.
The Akaso EK7000 is similar to the modern GoPro style, or are we going to say, pretty precise? When you're in action, adventure clips, or outdoors, your compact build is perfect — considered an action camera. It can easily be attached to various items such as helmets, motorcycles, guides and handsticks (the package does come with quite a few accessories and mounts so you can get going immediately).
It records in 4K ultra HD and has a 12 Megapixel photo sensor – some of the best in this guide what’s most definitely here! It also comes with a remote wireless wrist to allow you to start capturing or snap images when on the move. Like the others, the EK7000 is fitted with embedded Wi-Fi — you can connect to the internet in seconds and directly upload your video or edit the video with a phone app.
Reviews were highly selected on this camera and were suggested by consumers who, while knock-off brands, bought this model. This camera’s price range is not too high and not too low as most of the cameras on the list. In general, if you like action shooting from your repertoire, it's one of the best video cameras under $200.
Tips On Choosing The Best Video Cameras Under 200
200 is the random budget we saw many people looking for cameras on it. People with a budget of 200 for a compact camera are often looking for something that is much more affordable and easier to see than their smartphone or tablet.
A video camera below 200 is excellent for children or someone nervous about missing it. In this price range, cameras are mostly for those who don't care about image quality. They prefer to get a camera that doesn't matter much and captures their precious moments.
One common error nowadays is to waste thousands of dollars on getting expensive cameras. This situation should not always be the case. Many successful vloggers began with a video camera under 200. To help you choose the best video cameras under 200 that suit your needs, we have summed up some features that need to be considered below.
It is the first thing to take into consideration, of course! After all, the picture quality is adequate, even though gadget features are cool! The sensor’s size doesn't matter, as you don't buy video cameras under 200 to get a professional result, and it doesn't matter if your picture is 16 or 24 megapixels.
With comparable performance, each brand has built its method for stabilizing pictures. If you assume that the only thing miraculously rescued by the image stabilization is blurred pictures, you are shocked! If illumination becomes too low, the sensor needs more prolonged exposure to achieve a clear vision and only a certain amount of stabilization.
That being said, it's always a positive thing because any stabilization is good, and this machine will save the picture by itself when it's just a little dim.
It depends on what do you want to use your video camera for.
For example, you will need a camera to keep up with you and your gimbal if you are focused on vigorous exercises like hiking and sports.
Or, if you intend to play video games live, you’ll need a microphone input vlogging camera since you're stationary and can take advantage of high-quality audio.
You can end up doing something more than vlog hosts if you run a lifestyle channel, but you don't need the extreme portability athletic channels to need as well. Usually, you want something still reasonably compact, and you want a microphone input to make the audio output appropriate.
Be sure the camera has some sort of access – Wi-Fi and/or NFC, for example, if you like posting photos on social media.
The Optical Zoom
The optical zoom amplifies the image and preserves intact resolution and image clarity. The focus length of the lens is adjusted.
The Digital Zoom
As the name suggests, this zoom is digital and is not a lens movement. It is an artificial zoom done with the image clipped and its resolution and clarity thus decreased.
Which Zoom Is More Important?
What counts is the optical zoom. If the optical zoom is lame, you wouldn't even care if the sensor can make a digital 100x zoom.
Check out the camera's various options. Apart from Auto’s general mode, the camera should have a range of scene modes like landscape and portrait. Often there are other fun modes, such as the panorama mode that functions like your mobile. If anything you want to use, it can be a good addition.
Here’s a video for you to grab information on how to pick the best video cameras for not only for Youtube but also for recording as well:
Conclusion: My Top Pick For Best Video Cameras Under 200
Last but not least, our top 5 picks are those best video cameras under 200 that have the highest quality and the best functionalities at a fair price.
best video cameras under 200 for YouTube
best video cameras under 200 for compact
- Box Contents - Kodak Zi6 Pocket Video Camera, 2x AA pre-charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, Battery charger, HD and AV cables, Wrist strap, Camera pouch, User Guide, and ARCSOFT MEDIA IMPRESSION Software for Kodak (PC only)
- 128 MB internal memory - We recommend purchasing an optional 4GB SDHC Memory Card for practical usage
best video cameras under 200 for outdoors
- Advanced CMOS sensor with 14 million image pixels gives you more speed, quality and clarity than a traditional CCD sensor.
- Waterproof to 32ft/10m, shockproof to 6.5ft/2m, freeze proof to 14F/-10C and dustproof.
best video cameras under 200 for zoom range
- Share your best photos instantly with Family and Friends with Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- SMART features - Social Media Upload, E-mail, Photo beam, Direct Link, Mobile Link, PC Auto-backup, Remote Viewfinder, All Share
best video cameras under 200 for all-out action
- ?4K30 Video -Get stunning 4K video thats as amazing as the moment itself. You can also shoot time lapse videos to turn longer events into short, shareable moments.
- ?Rugged + waterproof -share experiences you cant capture with your phone. Hero7 Silver is Tough, tiny, totally waterproof-and up for any adventure.
This is it! That was our 2021 best video cameras under 200. We can't do much but an excellent piece of equipment for video cameras under 200, of course, but I think you’ll find fantastic low-budget cameras here that will hopefully satisfy your needs.
Naturally, you have to choose between a compact camera and a more prominent bridge camera. You have everything you need to make a rational decision based on how much you use your camera.
I hope this guide will help you determine and locate your dreams' best video cameras under 200!