As we announced earlier this week, we’re dedicating this whole week to education, apropos of this being Back to school week [to the delight of many parents and the annoyance of many kids LOL]
After last night’s amazing chat about preparing your family for the start of a new school year, tonight on our regular LATISM Twitter party, we’re back on the Education track!
We’ll discuss Tech and the Evolution of Education. This will be one of the featured topics on our upcoming LATISM ’12 Conference, so let’s get the conversation started now! [BTW, have you registered?]
The convergence of technology and education seems promising for a community that is supposedly leading tech and mobile adoption. According to some experts, the so-called “digital divide” has gone beyond just being an access issue to a digital literacy one, and many still fear that poor Latino and minority children may still be left behind when the education and technology convergence becomes the new academic norm.
Our guests will be our friends from the National Center for Family Literacy, a non-profit organization devoted to advocating for education through their family literacy programs. They will be answering your questions and sharing resources as we discuss the role of technology in education and how parents can maximize its impact to help their children succeed.
- What are the new channels, opportunities and challenges with technology in the classroom?
- What will be technology’s role in helping to achieve more academically engaged kids?
- How does the digital divide affect learning and impact the academic achievement gap?
- What are some action steps school board members, parents, and others can take for better integration of technology in the classroom?
- DATE: Thursday – August 16, 2012
- TIME: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST
- TOPIC: The Evolution of Education
- GUEST: @NCFLiteracy
- HASHTAG(s): #LATISM
- To join: https://www.tweetchat.com/room/latism