LATISM volunteers will coach on the use of new technology to build awareness about alternative tourism and promote the unique products made by local artisans. The extent of the project includes: The installation of a satellite antenna to provide internet connectivity to Patacancha school and community; funds to cover monthly internet fees up to one year; the installation of equipment, including laptops; the set up of an ecommerce site; training on the use of these tools for economic development and, of course, assistance to use social media tools to communicate and drive up sales. This will guarantee an viable source of income for the community’s development.
- ElianneRamos, , Featured - Especiales, Health - Salud, Latino Blogosphere - Blogosfera Latina, LATISM, featured, health, latina bloggers, Latinabloggers, Latino Bloggers, Latino Blogosphere - Blogosfera Latina, latinos in social media, LATISM, salud, 3
When it comes to health and healthcare, every racial or ethnic group has specific concerns and issues, be it...
- ElianneRamos, , Civic Engagement, Featured, LATISM, civic engagement, elections 2012, featured, latino vote, latinos in social media, LATISM, twitter party, twitterparty, univision, 0
2012 is gearing up to be a banner year for Latinos, as it seems that America might finally be...
- Wendy Rivera, , LATISM, Policy - Política, Technology - Tecnología, Telecom, Broadband, digital divide, homework gap, Lifeline, 0
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) took an important step (in a 3-2 vote) to approve Chairman Tom Wheeler’s proposal to...
- Byrdie Franco, , Business - Negocios, Events, LATISM, Events, Latina Style Business Series, latinas, LATISM, 0
Latinos in Social Media (LATISM) announced today an extension of their national media partnership with Latina...
- The Latino Voter Impact
- Using Diversity & Inclusion To Encourage Civic Participation in Our Communities
- Call for nominations -The best of the best in tech Innovation and Social Media
- LATISM Business and Equity Crowdfunding Twitter Chat with Special Guest Manny Fernandez
- Health Plans for Better Management of Asthma