They say history repeats itself. If that is a true statement, then there’s no debate in stating that the future of America is built on the dreams and energy of today’s entrepreneurs.
At a time when the number of Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States is expected to grow 41.8 percent in the next six years to 4.3 million, with total revenues surging 39 percent to more than $539 billion [source: HispanTelligence], there should be no doubt that Hispanic business owners are the front-liners in helping to build that future.
As Hispanic unemployment remains at historically low levels, Latinos are seeking to fill employment gaps and workforce shortages by launching their own businesses, and nowhere is that more evident than online. In fact, many of our LATISM community members are entrepreneurs themselves!
What better way to honor their penchant for risk-taking and willingness to sacrifice and work hard in pursuit of a better life than by having our very own LATINOS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP Twitter Party?
With us to answer your questions, our guest expert Tayde Aburto [@taydeaburto]. Tayde is a Small Business Advocate, E-Business Consultant and Co-Founder of The Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce (HISCEC), an online Hispanic business association focused on promoting Hispanic businesses via the Internet and the use of e-business tools.
He will be sharing tips on the basic steps for launching your own business, developing a business plan, keeping one’s business on track PLUS info on resources available for Latino entrepreneurs.
Whether you’re just thinking about becoming an entrepreneur or have been one for a while, come by and share your questions and tips too!
UPDATE: As part of tonight’s party, we’ll be raffling one ticket to PR/MKTG Camp East, a $300 value! Here are more details!
THE USUAL PARTY POINTERS:
- You’ll need a Twitter account (free) to join the party. If you don’t have one, you can sign up here.
- Be sure to follow Elianne Ramos [@ergeekgoddess] before the party so you can follow the flow = When you get this many Latinos under one “cyber-roof”, it can get very crazy!
- Also follow @ergeekgoddess1 [I tend to get into “tweetjail” for reaching my API limit].
- When you get to the party, introduce yourself and jump right into the conversation!
- Use the tag #latism in all of your party tweets.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!