Teen slips into coma after soy sauce dare

soyy

soyyTeens are participating in dangerous food challenges and these challenges could have fatal results.  Teens dare their friends to partake in food challenges and they are not aware of the dangers.  A 19-year-old drank the salt-laden condiment after he was dared to by friends, according to a case study published in the Journal of Emergency Medicine.  After taking in the sodium the teen started having seizures.  The teen was rushed to the hospital and doctors determined that he had ingested up to 170 grams of sodium from the soy sauce, a potentially lethal dose for his body size.  He  had elevated reflexes and indicator that his nervous system was not working properly.

The teenager was diagnosed with hypernatremia, an imbalance of salt in his bodily fluids which can lead to excess swelling in the brain.  This unfortunate event left the ten with neurological damage.  More and more teen dare their friends to take on senseless challenges and this is a huge concern in the community.  This young 19-year-old does not have a chance at a normal life all because of a pointless dare.

Read article

Picture by Creative Tools

Comments

comments

3 Comments
  1. suresh.themedia3@gmail.com'
    media3 6 years ago

    That’s kind of creepy and tragedy. Why are they being so foolish…..

  2. suresh.themedia3@gmail.com'
    media3 6 years ago

    That’s kind of creepy and tragedy. Why are they being so foolish…..

  3. suresh.themedia3@gmail.com'
    media3 6 years ago

    That’s kind of creepy and tragedy. Why are they being so foolish…..

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

We want to hear from you!

We're here to serve you. Just send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©[2015] Latinos in Tech Innovation & Social Media (#LATISM)

or

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?