Last night many people in the field of technology joined in for our weekly twitter party and were able to discuss why there is a dire need for more latinas to code. The technology field has been dominated by men for quite some time, but it’s a new millennium and we can do it too. Exploring this topic in more depth has sparked many people into introducing coding to the younger generation. Latina coders are teaching their kids everything they know so they have a strong foundation. They addressed the skill of coding as a very important one to possess. Coding can help people land jobs and have a future in this career.
- ElianneRamos, , Civic Engagement, Health - Salud, LATISM, Twitter Party, featured, health, healthcare, healthcare reform, latinos in social media, LATISM, scotus, Supreme Court of the United States, twitter party, twitterparty, 0
After a whirlwind week, in which the Supreme Court reached historic verdicts on two of the most controversial issues...
- Wendy Rivera, , Business - Negocios, Featured, LATISM, LATISM-DC, LATISM-NY, Policy - Política, Politics, diversity, diversity in public contracting, Division of Minority and Women's Business, DMWBD, equitable access, Governor Cuomo, inclusion, M/WBE contractors, Mayor de Blasio, minority and women business owned enterprise, MWBE, MWBE participation, New York City, New York City contracts, New York State, The Black Institute, 0
The Black Institute released a report today that revealed the plethora of barriers obstructing the minority and women business...
- Wendy Rivera, , Civic Engagement, LATISM, Twitter Party, Hispanic Issues, Latinos in Tech Innovation & Social Media, Minority Issues, NALEO, public awareness, 0
The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) convened for the largest gathering of Latino policy-makers in Las...
- ElianneRamos, , Civic Engagement, Featured, LATISM, Money-Dinero, Politics, Twitter Party, aislamiento, especiales, latinos, latinos en los medios sociales, LATISM, nclr, 0
Aquí vamos de nuevo: esta el apuntar con el dedo, la fecha límite que se acerca, la cuenta regresiva...
6/6 EVENT ADVISORY: Faith, Community Leaders to Report on ‘My Brother’s Keeper’ Initiative, Make Recommendations for Future ActionMariela, , Community, Events, Events - Eventos, Featured, Featured - Especiales, LATISM, 2
Washington, D.C. — At 12:00 p.m. ET on Friday, June 6, PICO National Network’s Lifelines to Healing campaign will release a new report...
- The Latino Voter Impact
- Using Diversity & Inclusion To Encourage Civic Participation in Our Communities
- Call for nominations -The best of the best in tech Innovation and Social Media
- LATISM Business and Equity Crowdfunding Twitter Chat with Special Guest Manny Fernandez
- Health Plans for Better Management of Asthma