Dear GOP: Ever thought Latinos may have a voice in these elections? You better believe it… and the proof’s in the pudding! Last night, the whole Tweetown came out to watch the unfolding of that great American spectacle better known as Super Tuesday.
We were fortunate enough to have an illustrious group of expert guests from civil right groups, organizations and the media helping us wade through the mounds of information coming in at meteoric pace: the legendary Dolores Huerta from the Dolores Huerta Foundation, Anchors Maria Elena Salinas, IliaCalderón, Helen Aguirre Ferre, Lourdes Meluza and the whole gang from Univision; Julissa Bonfante, Carlos A. Sanchez, Ivonne Malaver and Aiyana Baida from Voxxi News, as well as our partner organizations NALEO, Ya Es Hora, GALEO and Non Profit Voter Engagement Network.
The intense discussion broke our previous party record, reaching over 18.8 Million impressions [¡¡!!] . Most importantly, it spanned the inevitable Latino topics in a political conversation: jobs, financial security, immigration, Latinas and contraception, the Dream Act and of course, the blatant disregard shown by the GOP for any issue of interest to Latinos. In the end, a couple of messages came loud and clear:
1) Regardless of party preferences, Latinos across America are looking for leadership that understands their voice, appreciates their identity and can help them enable themselves, their families and their future
2) We need to get informed, get involved, mobilize and VOTE
3) WE WON’T STAND FOR OUR VOICES BEING IGNORED ANYMORE
Read the entire SUPER TUESDAY LATISM Party Transcript and let us know what you think, share the resources… and please, for our community’s future: Go get registered, Go VOTE.
Here are a few FULLY BILINGUAL resources to get you started:
- YA ES HORA provides electoral, naturalization and Census-related info
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA / 888-839-8682 – Fully bilingual National Campaign Hotline
THANK YOU LATISM, OUR COMMUNITY ROCKS!!