Everyone seems to agree that there is not enough awareness of Mental Health in the Hispanic community. In order to treat these conditions we must know what they are. Mental health is just as important as getting an annual physical, which means if you do not feel like yourself speak up. We can take better care of ourselves by learning new ways to cope with stress. It is very important to get mental health under control so it does not affected other areas of your life.
The Hispanic community is notorious for having taboos about mental health and seeking treatment. Could this be the reason why they do not look for help when it comes to depression and other disorders? I could remember what people say about mental health and seeking a counselor and the reactions are not positive. Our twitter discussion addressed all of these topics on April 25, and here is what you missed…
- Melanie Mendez Gonzales, , Conference - Conferencia, LATISM, Technology - Tecnología, ElHackathon, hackathon, LATISM14, 2
El Hackathon (/el/ ˈhakəˌTHän/) is a 24hr event for developers, entrepreneurs, innovators and designers to join forces and engage...
- The Latino Voter Impact
- Using Diversity & Inclusion To Encourage Civic Participation in Our Communities
- Call for nominations -The best of the best in tech Innovation and Social Media
- LATISM Business and Equity Crowdfunding Twitter Chat with Special Guest Manny Fernandez
- Health Plans for Better Management of Asthma