Deadly Mushrooms Right From The Backyard

images (9)

In a small California eldercare home has turned out to be the home of the poisonous wild mushrooms. One of the caretaker took the poisonous mushroom and made it into a soup and fed to residents, killing two women.

On Tuesday, Law enforcement officials said “The caretaker had no idea the mushrooms that had sprouted after recent rains were toxic, she was among the four others who were hospitalized Friday after six people ate the toxic soup Thursday night”

Food regulations for the California Department of Social Services do not prohibit the use of foraged ingredients in food, though they do prevent the use of home-canned foods and things such as unpasteurized milk, and meat that isn’t inspected by state or federal authorities.

Comments

comments

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

We want to hear from you!

We're here to serve you. Just send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©[2015] Latinos in Tech Innovation & Social Media (#LATISM)

or

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?