¡LATISM está de fiesta!
This year the celebration is extra especial: the year of the bicentennial of Latin America. Yes, this year alone, 5 countries commemorate 200 years of independence: Venezuela, Colombia and Argentina celebrated theirs earlier this year. Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua celebrated 189 years of independence yesterday, while México‘s is today [!!] and Chile‘s is this Saturday!
Do we really need a reason to party? Now we have plenty!
Tonight, we’ll chat about the current state of Latin American affairs, the Latino historical and cultural presence in America and the contributions of Latinos to the US.
So what if celebrating our glorious culture is relegated to one month out of the whole year? Tonight, we’re lighting up our virtual plaza for a party that is all about our Latino Roots!
So bring your “cuetes”, your maracas, and your best conversation and help us say a puro grito:
¡QUÉ VIVA OUR LATINO HERITAGE!
- You’ll need a Twitter account (free) to join the party. If you don’t have one, you can sign up here.
- Be sure to follow Elianne Ramos [@ergeekgoddess] before the party so you can follow the flow = When you get this many Latinos under one “cyber-roof”, it can get very crazy!
- Also follow @ergeekgoddess1 [I tend to get into “tweetjail” for reaching my API limit].
- When you get to the party, introduce yourself and junp right into the conversation!
- Use the tag #latism in all of your party tweets.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!