If you live in a Latino household, you know Three Kings Day is the day when children finally get their long-awaited presents. It also signals –at least in most of Latin America – the end of the Holiday Season!
As we look forward to 2011, there’s much expectation as to what the year would bring for Latinos in America. So many things are up in the air for us:
– Will Arizona-like immigration laws be implemented in other states?
– Will the Census results finally establish Latinos as a force in the US?
– What are some of the issues that need to be prioritized in our Latino community?
– And will this be the year Latinos finally come of age in Social Media?
Join us as we discuss the things you look forward to for Latinos this year: 2011-Looking Forward/Paying Forward.
The expression “pay it forward” is used to describe the concept of asking that a good turn be repaid by having it done to others instead.
And here at our LATISM casita, we will start the year by putting our little “granito de arena”, our own way of “paying forward” to our community: Tonight, we are announcing the winner of our LATISM Adopts a library!
The winning library will receive the over 300 books we have collected to date!
This being el “Día de Reyes”, there will be presents, predictions and the all-out merriment you have come to expect from our #LATISM Twitter parties, you can’t miss it!
THE USUAL PARTY POINTERS:
- You’ll need a Twitter account (free) to join the party on Tweetchat.com. If you don’t have one, you can sign up here.
- Be sure to follow Elianne Ramos [@ergeekgoddess] before the party so you can follow the flow
- Also follow @ergeekgoddess1 and @ElianneRamos [I tend to get into “tweetjail” for reaching my API limit]
- Use the hashtag #latism in all of your party tweets
- Have fun!