Have you heard about the Miller Coors Líderes program? Since 2006, MillerCoors Líderes has raised awareness and highlighted the achievements, vision and commitment of leaders within the Hispanic community.
This year’s Líderes, 12 outstanding individuals who are making a difference in their communities, were selected by MillerCoors based on their achievements and impact within the U.S. Hispanic community.
The 2012 MillerCoors Líderes include motivational speakers, environmentalists, community organizers, and volunteers of legal drinking age who were nominated by national and local nonprofit organizations for their exceptional contributions to the Latino community.
Come learn about the 12 Líderes nominated this year and their organizations, so you can help choose the 2012 MillerCoors Líder of the year and help them earn $25,000 grant to to develop and implement a community leadership program with his/her sponsoring nonprofit organization and MillerCoors. And find out how you too can be a líder for 2013!
This years’ nominees are:
- Emily Calderon Galdeano, San Antonio ~ Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Katrina Damian, Denver ~Latin American Educational Foundation
- Naihma Deady, Portland, Oregon ~ Mainstream Media Project
- Sergio Fernandez, Chicago ~ Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
- Frank Garza, Austin ~ ¡Adelante! U.S. Education Leadership Fund
- Daniel Hernandez, Jr., Tucson ~ Hispanic Women’s Corporation
- Marco Antonio Landa, Houston ~ Navidad En El Barrio
- Steven Mendez, River Edge, N.J. ~ Latino Justice PRLDEF
- Rudi Navarra, Fort Lauderdale ~ Latinos Go Green
- Lance Rios, New York ~ Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology Association
- Edgar Sotelo, Dallas ~ Magdaleno Leadership Institute
- Jennifer Treviño, Fort Worth ~ Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas
- Wednesday, October 17th (yes! Wednesday)
- Time: 9:00 – 10:30pm
- Guest hosts: @mzelma and @juanofwords
- Hashtags: #LATISM and #LOY12